How to apply
Apply online: New Israel Fund – Legacy Fundraiser
For an informal and confidential discussion about the role, please contact our recruitment partner: Simon Lloyd, Director, NFP Consulting
Application is by way of a CV and a Supporting Statement.
Closing date: Monday 1st February
Please let us know if you have any special requirements which we might need to consider in relation to the selection process, e.g. attending interview. Any requests will not be taken into account in the selection process.
Working Hours: 2 days a week.
Salary: £12,000 per annum
Reporting To: Director of Fundraising
Location: NIF Offices, Third Floor, Star House, 104 Grafton Rd, Kentish Town, London NW5 4BA
In response to current COVID-19 regulations team members are working from home.
The new position of Legacy Fundraiser has been established as part of our ambitious plans to increase legacy income and build a sustainable legacy pipeline line for the New Israel Fund. These plans are part of our 25th Anniversary programme being launched in 2021.
The Legacy Fundraiser is responsible for leading the development, implementation and growth of our legacy fundraising. The legacy programme currently takes a strong relationship-led approach. Working closely with our Director of Fundraising, CEO and trustees, you will be responsible for ensuring supporter relationships are well managed, both with legacy enquirers and members of our Legacy Circle.
You will need to have experience of developing and delivering legacy fundraising, including relationship-led and marketing-led approaches.
- To develop and deliver NIF’s legacy marketing campaigns.
- To act as an ambassador and champion of legacy fundraising to all stakeholders; both internal and external.
- To develop and manage NIF’s new Legacy Circle.
- To develop and grow the legacy fundraising pipeline against agreed targets and KPI’s, monitoring, evaluating and reporting back as necessary.
- To work with the Director of Fundraising to develop and deliver strategic plans to maximise future income, legacy pledges and notifications.
- To develop integrated activities for all legacy stakeholder using the full range of channels at our disposal, and identify new routes and activities.
Legacy Circle members have made a commitment to leaving a gift to NIF in their wills.
- To work closely with the CEO and Director of Fundraising to manage relationships with legacy pledgers and prospects.
- To devise and manage appropriate supporter journeys and accompanying communications plans for pledgers.
- To develop donor profiles to better understand the profile of potential legators.
- To act as first point of call for all legacy enquiries.
Legacy Management and Other
- To ensure the recording and tracking of metrics, information and feedback.
- To provide relevant reports to trustees and the Director of Fundraising.
- To ensure data is properly recorded, complaint and quality checked as appropriate.
All staff must identify with the mission and values of New Israel Fund.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Hands on involvement with successful legacy fundraising.
- Experience of running a legacy campaign.
- Experience of researching donors.
- Understanding of relevant legal and regulatory requirements applicable to legacy fundraising.
- Able to build relationships with a wide range of contacts – whether staff, senior colleagues, trustees or donors.
- Robust and confident decision making skills together with effective management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication, presentation and numeracy skills.
- Motivated, highly organised, with initiative and very good time management skills.
- Extremely thorough – with attention to detail, consistently high levels of follow-through (a ‘completer-finisher’) and strong organisational skills, being both efficient and effective.
- Solid, appropriate level of IT skills, including using Fundraising/CRM databases, spreadsheets (Excel), Word, PowerPoint, Internet, Outlook etc.
- Experience of fundraising within the British-Jewish community (which is where the majority of our donors do and will come from).
- Experience of making direct approaches to donors about leaving gifts in wills.
- Knowledge of trends in legacy giving
- Hands on involvement with fundraising events
- A demonstrable personal interest in the issues NIF addresses.
- Experience of working successfully with Raiser’s Edge /NXT (CRM database).